Research programme: oral nucleoside analogues - PharmassetAlternative Names: Nucleos(t)ide analogue polymerase inhibitors - Pharmasset; PSI-352666; PSI-352879; PSI-353661; PSI-6206; PSI-6206 monophosphate; PSI-6206 phosphate; PSI-6206 triphosphate; PSI-661; PSI-879
Latest Information Update: 02 Feb 2012
At a glance
- Originator Pharmasset
- Class Nucleosides; Nucleotides; Purine nucleotides; Pyrimidine nucleotides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis C; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Hepatitis C in USA (PO)
- 02 Feb 2012 No development reported for HIV infections in USA (PO)
- 17 Jan 2012 Pharmasset has been acquired by Gilead Sciences