VX 500Alternative Names: VX-500
Latest Information Update: 02 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hepatitis C in USA (PO)
- 09 Jan 2008 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in USA (PO)