Research programme: ophthalmic anti-fungal therapeutics - SantenAlternative Names: Nova 21046
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2013
At a glance
- Originator Novagali Pharma
- Developer Santen S.A.S.
- Mechanism of Action Sterol demethylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ophthalmic infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 2013 Discontinued - Preclinical for Ophthalmic infections in France (Ophthalmic)
- 11 Oct 2011 Novagali Pharma has been acquired by Santen Pharmaceutical
- 22 Jan 2008 Preclinical trials in Ophthalmic infections in France (Ophthalmic)