Research programme: niacin receptor agonists - Arena Pharmaceuticals/Merck & Co
Latest Information Update: 24 Dec 2009
At a glance
- Originator Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Arena Pharmaceuticals; Merck & Co
- Class Anthranilic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor agonists; GPR109A receptor agonists; GPR109B receptor agonists; Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis