RAD 1901Alternative Names: RAD-1901
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Developer Radius Health Inc.
- Class Osteoporosis therapies; Small molecules; Tetrahydronaphthalenes
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor degraders; Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Vasomotor symptoms
- Phase I Breast cancer
Most Recent Events
- 24 Mar 2017 Radius health has composition of matter patents pending for RAD 1901 in India and dosage form patents pending in USA, Canada and Mexico (Radius Health's form 10-K, filed in February 2017).
- 24 Feb 2017 Radius health has patent protection for RAD 1901 in USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Poland, and Europe (Radius Health's form 10-K, filed in February 2017).
- 23 Feb 2017 Radius announced a planned meeting with regulatory agencies in H1 2017 to discuss about phase II trial design in Breast cancer
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Trial Landscape
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History