SUN 44Alternative Names: Gabapentin prodrug - Sun Pharmaceutical Industries; SUN-44
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Class Amines; Aminobutyric acids; Analgesics; Antiepileptic drugs; Antimanics; Antiparkinsonians; Anxiolytics; Cyclohexanecarboxylic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GABA receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported CNS disorders; Seizures
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Seizures in India (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in CNS-disorders in India (PO)
- 08 Oct 2010 Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company files an IND application with the Drug Controller General in India for CNS disorders and Seizures