Research programme: ophthalmic antioxidants - Alimera Sciences
Latest Information Update: 18 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Alimera Sciences
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NADPH oxidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Diabetic retinopathy; Dry age-related macular degeneration
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing in the USA
- 29 Feb 2008 Early research in Diabetic retinopathy in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Feb 2008 Early research in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (unspecified route)