Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapeutic - Buck Institute/Neurobiological Technologies
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator Buck Institute for Age Research
- Developer Buck Institute for Age Research; Neurobiological Technologies
- Class Proteins
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2009 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Mar 2008 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)