Hydrocodone/ibuprofen - Kowa Pharmaceuticals America
Latest Information Update: 05 Aug 2008
At a glance
- Originator ProEthic Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Kowa Pharmaceuticals America
- Class Morphine derivatives; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Opioid analgesics; Phenylpropionates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; Opioid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Acute pain
Most Recent Events
- 04 Aug 2008 ProEthic Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Kowa
- 14 Mar 2008 Launched for Acute pain in USA (PO)