Research programme: siRNA therapeutics - General Research Laboratory/SirnaomicsAlternative Names: Anti-fibrosis RNA interference therapeutic - Sirnaomics; Cotsiranib®; STP 503; STP 705; STP 705LU; STP 705LV
Latest Information Update: 09 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator General Research Laboratory; Sirnaomics
- Developer General Research Laboratory; Sirnaomics; Xiangxue Pharmaceutical
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors; RNA interference; Transforming growth factor beta1 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Breast cancer; Fibrosis; Hypertrophic scars; Prostate cancer; Wounds