Ophthalmic steroid - ISTA Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2014
At a glance
- Originator ISTA Pharmaceuticals
- Class Steroids
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Phase I Ocular inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 05 Aug 2013 Bausch & Lomb has been acquired by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- 06 Jun 2012 ISTA Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Bausch & Lomb
- 31 Mar 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in Ocular inflammation in USA (unspecified route)