Research programme: sustained-release tigecycline - Eagle PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Tigecycline extended-release - Eagle Pharmaceuticals; Tigecycline SR - Eagle Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 09 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator Eagle Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antibacterials; Glycylcyclines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein 30S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Jan 2017 Flamel Technologies completed its cross-border merger with Avadel Pharmaceuticals and is now called Avadel Pharmaceuticals
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Bacterial-infections in USA (SC, Controlled release)