Research programme: gp41 fusion inhibitor - Merck/International Partnership for MicrobicidesAlternative Names: HIV envelope protein gp41 fusion inhibitor - Merck/IPM; L'644; L-644
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2011
Price : $50
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Env gene products; Peptide fragments; Peptides; Viral fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors; Viral fusion protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Aug 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 11 Mar 2008 International Partnership for Microbicides acquires royalty-free license to L '644 from Merck & Co.
- 11 Mar 2008 Preclinical trials in HIV infections in USA (Vaginal)