Research programme: gp41 fusion inhibitor - Merck/International Partnership for MicrobicidesAlternative Names: HIV envelope protein gp41 fusion inhibitor - Merck/IPM; L'644; L-644
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Env gene products; Peptide fragments; Peptides; Viral fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action HIV fusion inhibitors; Viral fusion protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Aug 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 11 Mar 2008 Preclinical trials in HIV infections in USA (Vaginal)
- 11 Mar 2008 International Partnership for Microbicides acquires royalty-free license to L '644 from Merck & Co.