Research programme: Parkinson's disease cell therapies - Buck Institute/Q Therapeutics
Latest Information Update: 03 Dec 2012
At a glance
- Originator Buck Institute for Age Research; Q Therapeutics
- Developer Buck Institute for Research on Aging; Q Therapeutics
- Class Cell therapies; Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements; Dopaminergic cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Dec 2012 patent info 9144159
- 17 Apr 2008 Early research in Parkinson's disease in USA (Parenteral)