Research programme: antibacterials - PolyphorAlternative Names: POL6137; POL7001
Latest Information Update: 23 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Polyphor
- Mechanism of Action Antimicrobial cationic peptide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Gram-negative infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Feb 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing Switzerland
- 28 Oct 2008 Antimicrobial and pharmacokinetcis data from preclinical studies in P. aeruginosa infections presented at the 48th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy and 46th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (ICAAC/IDSA-2008) ,,
- 17 Apr 2008 Preclinical trials in Gram-negative infections in Switzerland (unspecified route)