Research programme: NR2B NMDA receptor antagonists - Merck & Co
Latest Information Update: 03 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Oxadiazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NR2B N-Methyl-D-Aspartate antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Neuropathic pain; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Sep 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 10 Apr 2008 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (PO)
- 10 Apr 2008 Preclinical trials in Neuropathic pain in USA (PO)