Research programme: non-retinoid visual cycle modulators - Acucela
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Acucela
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Enzyme inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Age-related macular degeneration; Diabetic retinopathy; Retinopathy of prematurity; Stargardt disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Stargardt disease 1 in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Retinopathy-of-prematurity in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Age-related-macular-degeneration in USA (PO)