Metformin/rimonabantAlternative Names: Rimonabant/metformin
Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2008
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Piperidines; Pyrazoles
- Mechanism of Action AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Cannabinoid receptor CB1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-III for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in France (PO)