Didanosine/hydroxycarbamideAlternative Names: ddI/HU - Virostatics; Didanosine/hydroxyurea - Virostatics; VS 411
Latest Information Update: 04 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Virostatics
- Class Antianaemics; Antineoplastics; Antiretrovirals; Dideoxynucleosides; Purine nucleosides; Ribonucleosides; Urea compounds
- Mechanism of Action DNA synthesis inhibitors; Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Mar 2011 Discontinued - Phase-II for HIV-1 infections in Argentina, Uganda, Russia and Italy (PO)
- 02 Mar 2011 Efficacy data from a phase II trial in HIV-1 infections released by Virostatics
- 19 Jul 2010 Efficacy and adverse events data from a phase II trial in HIV-1 infections presented at the 18th International AIDS Conference (IAC-2010)