Research programme: anti-infectives - Ranbaxy/Merck
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Developer Merck & Co; Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jan 2011 Discontinued for Infections in India (unspecified route)
- 20 Oct 2008 Ranbaxy Laboratories has been acquired by Daiichi Sankyo Company
- 12 May 2008 Research in Infections in India(unspecified route)