Research programme: beta-amyloid inhibitors - Prana BiotechnologyAlternative Names: Aβ inhibitors - Prana Biotechnology; Metallocomplex programme - Prana Biotechnology; VK-11; VK-12
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Prana Biotechnology
- Class Imaging agents; Organometallic compounds; Phenanthrolines; Platinum complexes
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors; Chelating agents; Diagnostic imaging enhancers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Alzheimer's-disease(Diagnosis) in Australia (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Alzheimer's-disease in Australia (PO)
- 23 Feb 2011 Early research in Alzheimer's disease (diagnosis) in Australia (unspecified route)