Docosahexanoic acid - University of Massachusetts/Cystic Fibrosis Foundation TherapeuticsAlternative Names: DHA - University of Massachusetts/CFFT
Latest Information Update: 16 Jun 2015
At a glance
- Originator University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Developer Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics; University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Docosahexaenoic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jun 2010 Phase II/III development is ongoing in USA