VX 813Alternative Names: VX-813
Latest Information Update: 16 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C protease inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 19 Feb 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hepatitis C in USA (PO)
- 28 Feb 2009 Vertex completes a phase Ia trial in healthy volunteers in USA
- 04 Feb 2009 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis C in USA (PO)