TAK 379Alternative Names: TAK-379
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulin sensitisers
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 21 Apr 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 21 Apr 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in European Union (PO)
- 21 Apr 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)