At a glance
- Originator University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Developer Canopus BioPharma
- Class Chemoprotectants; Organic sulfur compounds; Pyrazines; Small molecules; Sulfhydryl compounds
- Mechanism of Action DNA repair enzyme stimulants; Glutathione transferase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Mucositis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 2008 Canopus receives approval from the South African Medicines Control Council to begin a phase II trial with CB 1400 as a mucositis protective agent in patients with cancer
- 19 Jun 2008 Phase-II clinical trials in Mucositis in USA (PO)
- 19 Jun 2008 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (PO)