AFX 221Alternative Names: AFX-221; Molindone - Afecta Pharmaceuticals; NGI-221
Latest Information Update: 20 Jun 2008
At a glance
- Originator Afecta Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antipsychotics; Indoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor antagonists; Neurotransmitter modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Phase Unknown Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2008 Investigation in Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome in USA (PO)
- 20 Jun 2008 Investigation in Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in USA (PO)