PW 4153Alternative Names: Levodopa/carbidopa extended-release - Penwest; PW-4153
Latest Information Update: 11 Nov 2008
At a glance
- Originator Penwest Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Aromatic amino acids; Catecholamines; Hydrazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 04 Nov 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Parkinson's disease in USA (PO)
- 21 Jul 2008 Phase-I clinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (PO)