Zonisamide/olanzapineAlternative Names: Olanzapine/zonisamide SR; OREX-003; Zonisamide SR/olanzapine
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2009
At a glance
- Originator Orexigen Therapeutics
- Class Benzodiazepines; Isoxazoles; Obesity therapies; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2008 Phase-II clinical trials in Obesity in USA (PO)
- 29 Jul 2008 Preclinical trials in Obesity in USA (PO)