Research programme: antiviral enzyme inhibitors - Astex PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: AT 26893
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Astex Therapeutics
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS3 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Hepatitis-C in United Kingdom
- 11 Oct 2013 Astex Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- 01 Nov 2011 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C in United Kingdom (unspecified route)