Intestinal trefoil factorAlternative Names: hITF protein; rhITF; TFF3; Trefoil factor 3 protein; Trefoil factor family 3 peptide
Latest Information Update: 11 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Originator The GI Company
- Class Antiulcers; Cytoprotectives; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Mucoprotein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes - Stomatitis
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Corneal injuries; NSAID-induced ulcer; Stomatitis; Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 06 Nov 2008 Intestinal trefoil factor is available for licensing (http://www.thegicompany.com)