INGN 234Alternative Names: p53 gene therapy - Introgen/Colgate-Palmolive; p53 topical - Introgen/Colgate-Palmolive
Latest Information Update: 18 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Introgen Therapeutics
- Mechanism of Action Tumour suppressor protein p53 stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Leucoplakia; Orofacial cancer
Most Recent Events
- 18 Feb 2010 Discontinued - Phase-II for Leucoplakia in USA (Buccal)
- 18 Feb 2010 Discontinued - Phase-II for Orofacial cancer in USA (Buccal)
- 26 Aug 2008 Phase-II clinical trials in prevention of Orofacial cancer in USA (Buccal)