Research programme: second-generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors - MerckAlternative Names: Diaryl ether NNRTIs - Merck; MK-4965 derivatives - Merck
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Amines; Pyrazoles; Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Aug 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 21 Aug 2008 Preclinical trials in HIV-1 infections in USA (unspecified route)