Research programme: histamine H3 receptor antagonists - Merck/BanyuAlternative Names: 5R
Latest Information Update: 29 Aug 2011
At a glance
- Originator Banyu; Merck & Co
- Class Benzofurans; Quinazolinones
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported CNS disorders
Most Recent Events
- 29 Aug 2011 No development reported - Preclinical for CNS disorders in Japan (PO)
- 21 Aug 2008 Preclinical trials in CNS disorders in Japan (PO)