Research programme: oral diabetes therapeutics - DiabetologyAlternative Names: C-peptide - Diabetology; G001; G002; Insulin analogues - Diabetology
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Diabetology
- Class Glucagon-like peptides; Hormones; Insulins
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in United Kingdom (PO, Capsule)
- 11 Sep 2008 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (PO)