GSK 1399686Alternative Names: 1399686; GSK1399686
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Irritable bowel syndrome therapies
- Mechanism of Action Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Ulcerative colitis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jul 2012 GlaxoSmithKline completes a phase II trial in Ulcerative colitis in Belgium, Canada, Germany, Norway, and Sweden (NCT01036022)