Research programme: second generation factor IX therapeutic - Bayer Schering Pharma
Latest Information Update: 21 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma
- Developer Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Class Blood coagulation factors; Peptide hydrolases
- Mechanism of Action Factor IX stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Haemophilia B
Most Recent Events
- 16 Sep 2008 Preclinical trials in Haemophilia B in Germany (Parenteral)
- 16 Sep 2008 Bayer Schering Pharma acquires DIREVO Biotech