Research programme: non-invasive insulin - Novo NordiskAlternative Names: Non-invasive insulin - Novo Nordisk
Latest Information Update: 24 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Novo Nordisk
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 1 diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 24 Feb 2011 Preclinical development is ongoing in Denmark
- 26 Sep 2008 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Denmark (unspecified route)
- 26 Sep 2008 Preclinical trials in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in Denmark (unspecified route)