Research programme: insulin controlled release - SmartCellsAlternative Names: SmartInsulin
Latest Information Update: 14 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Developer SmartCells
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 04 Dec 2010 This programme is still in active development
- 29 Oct 2008 Preclinical trials in Type-1 diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)