Research programme: mutilin-quinolone hybrid antibacterials - KyorinAlternative Names: AM-3005; Compound 25 (AM-3005) - Kyorin; Mutilin-quinolone hybrids - Kyorin
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Kyorin Pharmaceutical
- Class Fluoroquinolones; Ketones; Polycyclic compounds
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-positive infections; Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Gram-positive-infections in Japan (Parenteral)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Methicillin-resistant-Staphylococcus-aureus-infections in Japan (Parenteral)
- 10 Nov 2008 Preclinical trials in Gram-positive infections in Japan (Parenteral)