Ziprasidone extended releaseAlternative Names: ziprasidone once-daily
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Lipocine
- Class Antipsychotics; Piperazines; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bipolar disorders; Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Bipolar-disorders in USA (PO, Controlled release)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Schizophrenia in USA (PO, Controlled release)
- 12 Nov 2008 Phase-I clinical trials in Bipolar disorders in USA (PO)