Research programme: sulfonylurea receptor subtype agonists - Essentialis
Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator Essentialis
- Mechanism of Action Sulfonylurea receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Lipid metabolism disorders; Obesity; Polycystic ovary syndrome; Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2017 Essentialis has merged with and became a subsidiary of Capnia
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Lipid-metabolism-disorders in USA (PO)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Obesity in USA (PO)