Research programme: cancer therapeutics - ExelixisAlternative Names: XL541
Latest Information Update: 09 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator Exelixis
- Mechanism of Action Cyclin dependent kinase 9 inhibitors; MTOR protein inhibitors; Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase delta inhibitors; Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase gamma inhibitors; Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 22 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 22 Feb 2011 Research programme: cancer therapeutics - Exelixis is available for licensing as of 22 Feb 2011. http://www.exelixis.com/
- 18 Dec 2008 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)