SPI 017Alternative Names: SPI-017; SPL-017
Latest Information Update: 14 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antidementias; Fatty acids; Neuroprotectants; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Chloride channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain; Peripheral arterial disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Mar 2013 Phase-II clinical trials in Pain associated with lumbar spinal stenosis in USA (IV)
- 18 Mar 2013 Discontinued - Phase-I for Peripheral arterial disorders in Japan (IV)
- 28 Feb 2010 Sucampo Pharmaceuticals initiates enrolment in a phase I trial (multiple-dose escalation) for Peripheral arterial disorders in Japan.