SPI 017Alternative Names: SPI-017; SPL-017
Latest Information Update: 14 Jan 2016
Price : $50
At a glance
- Originator Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antidementias; Fatty acids; Neuroprotectants; Vascular disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Chloride channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain; Peripheral arterial disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Mar 2013 Phase-II clinical trials in Pain associated with lumbar spinal stenosis in USA (IV)
- 18 Mar 2013 Discontinued - Phase-I for Peripheral arterial disorders in Japan (IV)
- 28 Feb 2010 Sucampo Pharmaceuticals initiates enrolment in a phase I trial (multiple-dose escalation) for Peripheral arterial disorders in Japan.