Research programme: neurodegenerative disorders gene therapy - Gencia BiotechnologyAlternative Names: MTD-TFAM; Protofection
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Gencia Biotechnology
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Mitochondrial transcription factor A modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Leber's hereditary optic atrophy; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Leber's-hereditary-optic-atrophy in USA (Parenteral)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Parkinson's-disease in USA (Parenteral)