Research programme: oral GLP-1 receptor agonists - Merrion/Novo Nordisk
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Originator Merrion Pharmaceuticals; Novo Nordisk
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon like peptide 1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 19 Mar 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing in Denmark
- 16 Jan 2009 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Europe (PO)