Research programme: Alzheimer's disease immunotherapy - Novartis
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Cell therapies; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors; Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 May 2012 No development reported - Preclinical for Alzheimer's disease in Switzerland (Parenteral)
- 19 Nov 2008 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Switzerland (unspecified route)