AZD 2516Alternative Names: AZD2516
Latest Information Update: 25 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Analgesics
- Mechanism of Action Metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gastro-oesophageal reflux; Neuropathic pain
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jan 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neuropathic pain in Sweden (PO)
- 27 Jan 2011 Discontinued - Phase-I for Neuropathic pain in United Kingdom (PO)
- 27 Jan 2011 Discontinued - Phase-II for Gastro-oesophageal reflux in Belgium (PO)