LandipirdineAlternative Names: RO-5025181; RO5025181-000; SYN-120
Latest Information Update: 25 Dec 2014
At a glance
- Originator Roche
- Developer Biotie Therapies Corp.
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Nootropics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 2A receptor antagonists; Serotonin 6 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes - Alzheimer's disease; Cognition disorders
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Parkinson's disease
- Phase I Cognition disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 2014 Phase-II clinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (PO)
- 08 Jul 2014 Biotie Therapies receives a grant from The Michael J. Fox Foundation for development of SYN 120 in dementia associated with Parkinson's disease
- 28 Feb 2014 SYN 120 is no longer available for licensing as of 28 Feb 2014