Research programme: aspirin/protein pump inhibitors - Aralez Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 2016
At a glance
- Originator POZEN
- Developer Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Class 2 pyridinylmethylsulfinylbenzimidazoles; Benzimidazoles; Non-opioid analgesics; Salicylic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; Nitric oxide stimulants; Platelet aggregation inhibitors; Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Cardiovascular disorders; NSAID-induced ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 01 Oct 2012 Research programme: aspirin/protein pump inhibitors - POZEN is available for partnering as of 01 Oct 2012. http://www.pozen.com
- 03 Aug 2012 PA 10040 is still in preclinical trials for Cardiovascular disorders (prevention) in USA
- 12 Apr 2012 POZEN is assessing the regulatory and development requirements for a possible indication in the secondary prevention of colorectal neoplasia. The company received input from the US FDA on this in January 2010 (POZEN Form 10-K filed 9 Mar 2012)