Berberine - Xintria Pharmaceutical Corporation
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Developer Xintria Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Class Alkaloids; Antidiarrhoeals; Antiprotozoals; Benzylisoquinolines; Berberine alkaloids; Herbal medicines; Heterocyclic compounds with 4 or more rings; Small molecules; Traditional-Chinese-medicine
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol modulators; Triglyceride modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Cardiovascular-disorders in USA
- 25 Mar 2009 Preclinical trials in Cardiovascular disorders in USA (unspecified route)